Monash University, Campus Centre, 21 Chancellors Walk,
Clayton, VIC 3168
Key property information
Map of Monash University, Campus Centre, 21 Chancellors Walk
EXCLUSIVE MONASH UNIVERSITY FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPPORTUNITY
Knight Frank is delighted to act on behalf of Monash University and bring to market this compelling on campus food and beverage offerings.
Monash University was established in Melbourne, Australia in 1958 and its Clayton Campus is the largest covering approximately 1.1km2. It has over 38,000 student enrolments for 2017 and approximately 6,000 staff across its eight faculties, as well as several dedicated world class research facilities. The University has a vibrant and growing community with approximately 3,000 students currently residing at Clayton Campus.
The student population consists of 25% international students and 75% domestic. The University acts as a beacon for community activity and engagement and attracts over 600,000 non-student visitors to the campus yearly.
The University is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitable food and beverage operators to be situated at Monash University’s Clayton campus to manage and deliver catering services for The Ian Potter Centre for Performing Arts and Robert Blackwood Hall for a five-year term.
The University seeks motivated operators with a proven track record of consistently delivering contemporary, diverse, eclectic food styles, and excellent food and beverage services. The encumbants will work collaboratively with the University, the Venues Operator and the Monash University Academy of Performing Arts (MAPA). The Catering Operator services scope in this request for EOI is outlined in Section 4 of this Specification and includes;
- Jazz Club – to be the campus’ premier live music venue with versatile operating modes including a contemporary café during the day and a fully catered live music and dining venue at night for 175 people seated dining mode or 200 people in standing cocktail mode and other pop-up opportunities within the licensed area servicing venue programming and events.
- Foyer Bars – servicing the Alexander Theatre, Sound Galleries, Robert Blackwood Hall.
- Functions and Event catering - the Sound Gallery which will be able to be transformed to suit a variety of performance modes, functions and events for 130 people seated, 100 people seated and dining or up to 150 in standing cocktail mode - and likewise to the Jazz Club.
- Ancillary Functions and Event catering to the Robert Blackwood Hall which can seat up to 1,598 patrons.
- Backstage and Green Room catering for all venues that form part of this Specification.
Monash University seeks to strategically develop its retail offering to create an outstanding campus experience for students, staff and the visiting community from Clayton, the south east and further afield. Catering Operators (Respondents to this EOI) are invited to apply for this opportunity in line with Monash University’s Procurement Policy and Procedures.
CLOSING DATE- All EOI’S to be submitted to email@example.com by 20th August 2018 at 3.00pm.
Property ID: 502899734Last Updated: 6 May 2019