Address available on request,
Contact Michael - 0488 005 884
Key property information
At the Foothills of Yeo
- Established business
- Certified Organic
- Walk in Walk out
• Certified Organic Farm with the highest quality certification from NASSA
• Market Leader Vegetable Grower
• 20.44 Hectares including two large 6 & 8 meg dams & extensive set (underground) irrigation.
Boasting 20.44 hectares, including two dams, four paddocks and six sheds, plus a house to call home.
The farm has been established with specialised land use, agricultural improvements, and infrastructure, creating a profitable monthly turnover supplying Melbourne markets and an extensive customer base.
All the land is certified organic with NASAA with extensive set (underground) irrigation.
Situated in a fabulous rural setting with proximity to town and city services means excellent labour supply with Colac’s population of 12,500.
Water is one of the significant strengths of this property, with extensive irrigation infrastructure from two large dams, the largest eight meg and a further six meg, plus a spring-fed creek. Town water has also been installed for washing and further irrigation if required.
The gorgeous cedar house offers comfortable living with two bedrooms, one bathroom, an open plan kitchen and living that spills out onto a verandah.
Electric cooktop, dishwater, electric hot water, split system AC, slow combustion wood heater
Farm infrastructure includes :
• Machine workshop 81m2 with a suspended concrete slab. Includes kitchen, shower and bathroom and sitting room for workforce
• Wash shed 156m2 with electricity connected
• 409m2 Truck shed on a concrete slab with electricity connected and includes 44 bin capacity cool room using a Freon refrigerant system.
• Bin shed 196m2
• Tractor shed 73m2
• Staff amenities area 79m2 with electricity, shower, sinks, kitchen
• Bach machinery shed 147m2 with electricity connected, tool shed of 41m2
• Fuel tanks
• Irrigation and irrigation pumps
• Farmgate shop with a security camera, air conditioning and fridge.
• Purpose bought equipment and machinery
Current crop rotations include broad beans, broccoli, cabbages, leek radish, parsnips and silverbeet, and there are usually around 15 varieties currently planted over seven areas.
Pockets of natural bush remain and four shelterbelts to support biodiversity on the farm.
The soils are mainly sandy loam, with no salinity or erosion, excellent pest management for this ideal horticulture farm. Foothills Organics is located in a cool temperate climate with an average rainfall of approx 780mm.
This farm and business are now ready to pass on to the next generation of farmers committed to growing food for Australians. It provides excellent employment opportunities for the full range of skills and expertise within a family and business. This property is offered For Sale on a walk-in walk-out basis.
Property ID: 503915966Last Updated: 30 Nov 2021