The Icon, 56 Smith Street,
Darwin City, NT 0800
For Sale - Please Contact Agents
Key property information
Map of The Icon, 56 Smith Street
Bus stops within 5 km of The Icon, 56 Smith Street, Darwin City, NT 0800 Distance Crowne Plaza 267 m Darwin Bus Terminal 391 m Ducks Nuts 486 m St Mary's School 505 m Kitchener Drive Outbound 679 mPOWERED BY HERE ©
Leased CBD Investment
- Located in the heart of the Darwin CBD
- Broad Tenancy mix
- Potential redevelopment opportunity
56 Smith Street Darwin, Lot 2322 from plan(s) OP 001210A, is one of the most recognisable and well-known properties within the heart of the Darwin CBD. The property was Darwin's original Woolworths and Big W stores and is still known to locals as the "old Woolies" building. It is now home to Charlie's of Darwin, which was recently named in the top 20 bars to visit in the world in 2021 by UK newspaper, The Telegraph.
Positioned on a corner location at the intersection of Knuckey Street and Smith Street and occupying 3,800sq.m*, the property lends itself to potential future redevelopment (STA).
The two-storey building provides 3,910sq.m* of gross lettable area with the potential to refurbish an additional 1,447sq.m* of level 1 space as required (STA).
Key features of the property include:
- Gross Income $1.4 million* per annum
- 3,800sq.m* regular shaped allotment
- GLA 3,910sq.m*
- Diverse tenancy mix of retail, convenience and hospitality
- 97% occupancy of refurbished areas
- Negotiations in place with incumbent tenants improving lease profile
- Flexible Central Business (CB) zoning and three street frontage
- Potential ability to increase GLA (STA)
- Frontage to Austin Lane, an area of activation and enhancement by the NT Government
- Potential redevelopment or repositioning opportunity (STA)
56 Smith Street, Darwin is offered for sale via private treaty.
For more information or to arrange an inspection, please contact exclusive marketing agents, NTC Property or JLL.
Explore property virtually
If you'd like to inspect this property in person, please to arrange a private inspection.
Property ID: 503927494Last Updated: 13 Jan 2022