Republic Bar & Cafe, Site, 299 Elizabeth Street
North Hobart, TAS 7000
Republic Bar and Cafe
- High profile corner site
- Consistent high revenue
- Operated under management
This iconic hotel occupies a high profile site in busy North Hobart.
• North Hobart is akin to Melbourne’s Lygon Street with a number of superb ethnic
restaurants, cafes, theatre and galleries - a popular area for ‘Gen X’. With fantastic
pub style entertainment, the Republic Bar & Cafe takes full advantage of the high
pedestrian traffic flow.
• Includes a main bar with entertainment and dining areas, large open courtyard with
canvas awnings, first floor function room with bar, and board room.
• Already the No. 1 pub entertainment venue in Tasmania, the hotel can be developed
further with a DA in place for a large first floor deck.
• With a long history of successful trading this freehold hotel on 1 title (724 sqm)
operates under management.
The Republic Bar and Cafe was rebuilt in 1939 and for many years traded as the Empire Hotel until 1997.
The main bar has tremendous atmosphere with prominent musicians performing regularly.
The large courtyard is a feature with a prominent heritage listed sandstone wall.
Property ID: 503311114Last Updated: 6 Nov 2019