MOUNT MORRISTON, 1758 Tooms Lake Road,
Ross, TAS 7209
FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY
Key property information
Map of MOUNT MORRISTON, 1758 Tooms Lake Road
HISTORIC & VERSATILE BROADSCALE PASTORAL HOLDING
- A large scale & highly productive
- Comprising approximately 9,342 hectares
- Significant water entitlements
Comprising approximately 9,342 hectares (23,085* acres), Mount Morriston offers a craftsman-built Georgian sandstone and bluestone homestead dating back to the mid 1840s, set majestically against the Macquarie River in the renowned Midlands region of north-east Tasmania.
Key features of the opportunity include:
• A large scale, highly productive agricultural enterprise comprising approximately 9,342 hectares.
• Benefitted by significant water entitlements (4,034* megalitres), the property is highly suited to grazing, cropping, intensive horticulture and eco/adventure tourism pursuits.
• The fully renovated and heritage listed Georgian homestead comprises nine bedrooms, six bathrooms, a formal dining room, lounge, sitting room, country style kitchen and meals area with butler’s pantry, set over two levels and approximately 696 square metres.
• Historic and contemporary outbuildings include a Coach House with further accommodation, converted stables a Managers’ residence and seven cottages.
• Structural improvements include two shearing sheds (eight-stand and three-stand), machinery shedding, workshop, barn, ram shed, an abundance of ancillary shedding and significant grain storage (14 x 40 tonne silos).
• Irrigation development has included the construction of a joint venture 7,000* megalitre irrigation dam, 297* hectares developed to pivot irrigation and another 222* hectares plumbed for hard hose irrigation, setting the property up for annual cash cropping and potentially perennial tree crops such as stone fruit.
• An extensive 30* kilometre frontage to the Macquarie River provides numerous pumping points to service the irrigation infrastructure with additional dam sites with development potential (subject to DPIPWE approval).
• A 514* hectare portion of the property holds a conservation covenant, protecting the habitat for Tasmania’s iconic flora and fauna including the endangered Wedge Tailed Eagle.
• Mount Morriston has historically been renowned as a wool growing enterprise, having won the prestigious Zegna trophy eight times. The property was also owned by Mr. Kenroku Fujii, of the Japanese textile firm of Fujii Keori.
• Strategically located 17* lineal kilometres south of Ross, 88* lineal kilometres south of Launceston and 84* lineal kilometres north of Hobart.
FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY
+61 429 557 070
+61 407 697 797
Property ID: 503705074Last Updated: 13 Jan 2021