Share this property

CBRE - Brisbane

‘Mirambeena’, 136 Top Forestry Road Ridgewood, QLD 4563

Directions

‘Mirambeena’, 136 Top Forestry Road,
Ridgewood, QLD 4563

Commercial Farming & Rural • Development Sites & Land

Price information

Sale - Expression of Interest

For Sale by Expressions of Interest

Key property information

Land area

Floor area

Tenure type

Private inspections

to arrange a private inspection.
CBRE - Brisbane
Edward O'Dwyer
Andrew Loughnan

CBRE - Brisbane

Waterfront Place Level 3, 1 Eagle Street
BRISBANE CITY, QLD 4000
CBRE - Brisbane
‘Mirambeena’, 136 Top Forestry Road
Ridgewood, QLD 4563

Map of ‘Mirambeena’, 136 Top Forestry Road

Directions

5 TITLES | WALK-IN-WALK-OUT | 30 MINUTES FROM NOOSA!

  • Comprising 126 hectares across 5 titles
  • Situated within the Noosa Hinterland
  • 95 kilometres north of Brisbane airport
CBRE Agribusiness has been exclusively appointed to present “Mirambeena” for sale, comprising 126 hectares across 5 titles situated within the Noosa Hinterland, Queensland. The property is developed to a large-scale avocado orchard, held under single family ownership for in excess of 50 years.

“Mirambeena” is located 95 kilometres north of Brisbane airport, 20 kilometres west of the Sunshine Coast airport, 26 kilometres west of Noosa’s Main Beach and 7 kilometres south-west of the township of Cooroy.

“Mirambeena” is primarily used for the growing of avocados. In previous years, the operators had successfully included mangoes, citrus and cattle within their current enterprise. The mangoes have since been decommissioned, allowing the area to be re-developed for further avocados.

Historically, “Mirambeena” has been operated as an orchard, of which 47 hectares have been planted to approximately 5,083 avocado trees, with the potential for further development. 99 percent of the current avocado trees are of the Hass (A-Type) avocado variety with the remaining 1 percent planted to Shepard (B-Type) avocado variety.

The property utilises Terrace Farming technique, beneficial to undulating terrain. The benefits of Terrace Farming include:
• Reduced runoff and water conservation.
• Erosion control and soil conservation.
• Increase of crop yield.
• Habitat and biodiversity protection.

Dominant soil types feature Dermosol soils that are red, brown, yellow, basalt volcanic soils that have a loam to clay textures through nearby timber stands.

“Mirambeena” benefits from abundant water supply for optimal irrigation/fertigation of the current operation as well as future plantings. The entirety of the farm has a fully interconnected irrigated water supply, with three pumps and two filter/fertigation sheds.
“Mirambeena” features seven main irrigation dams, of which three are advised as spring fed. The property also features a permanent creek along the northern boundary.

The property features an original brick and timber 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom homestead featuring office, kitchen, laundry, dining, billiard room and two separate living areas. Ancillary improvements include three-bay carport and adjacent cottage set in an established yard.

A second timber 4 bedroom 2 bathroom residence featuring office, kitchen, laundry and large living area. Ancillary improvements include swimming pool, two bay carport, under house parking and established yard.

The property also includes packing shed and a machinery shed.

For Sale by Expressions of Interest Closing 5:00PM (AEST) Thursday 12 May 2022

Property ID: 504042871Last Updated: 21 May 2022

CBRE - Brisbane
Waterfront Place Level 3, 1 Eagle Street
BRISBANE CITY, QLD 4000
progress tick

Sending email...

Make an enquiry

What's your enquiry about?

Message

Enter your details

Name (required)
Email address (required)
Phone number

Your personal information will be passed to the Agency and/or its authorised service provider to assist the Agency to contact you about your property enquiry. They are required not to use your information for any other purpose. Our Privacy Policy explains how we store personal information and how you may access, correct or complain about the handling of personal information.