McWilliam's Wines Group 268 Jack McWilliam Road,
Hanwood, NSW 2680
Map of McWilliam's Wines Group 268 Jack McWilliam Road
McWilliam’s Wine Group & Mount Pleasant Wines | Multi Award Winning Australian Wine Producer
- Iconic 142 year old wine business
- Major winery assets
- Established brands
A unique opportunity to acquire an iconic 142 year old privately owned wine business.
Hanwood Estate Winery (Griffith, Riverina, NSW)
The Hanwood winery was established in 1917 in the Riverina region of New South Wales.
Hanwood has a large commercial winery with capacity of 40,000 tonnes per annum. In addition, there is a standalone premium crush winery with capacity of 2,000 tonnes per annum.
The site also includes:
• Cellar door (“The Barrel”)
• Administration building, including a state of the art laboratory
• Vineyards - 20.80 hectares (owned), 399.70 hectares (leased)
• A modern 9,510 sqm warehouse and bottling hall
• Bottling line (owned and operated by an external party)
• Modern waste water treatment facility commissioned in 2018
• Commercial wine storage of approximately 55 million litres
• Three standalone cottages
Water entitlements include
• 388 ML (Hanwood owned)
• 1,900 ML (Hanwood leased)
Development approval for the expansion of the existing winery (to 65,000 tonnes) and associated bottling hall.
Mount Pleasant Estate Winery and Vineyards (Pokolbin, Hunter Valley NSW)
Mount Pleasant Estate was established in 1921 under the guidance of Maurice O’Shea.
Mount Pleasant has a small crush winery, with circa 800 tonne p.a. of crushing capacity.
• Mount Pleasant vineyard - 32.6 hectares planted to red and white varietals
• Rosehill vineyard - 26.9 hectares planted to red varietals
• Lovedale vineyard - 31.1 hectares planted to white varietals
Mount Pleasant is one of the best performing and most awarded wineries in Australia, boasting an array of trophies and medals since the late 1970s. In 2004, the Maurice O’Shea Shiraz outscored Penfolds Grange and Henschke Hill of Grace to be the highest rated Shiraz in the 2005 edition of James Halliday’s Australian Wine Companion. Recognised for its Hunter Semillon and Shiraz, Mount Pleasant was Awarded the Halliday Winery of the Year in 2017.
Barwang Vineyard (Hilltops, NSW) – Leased vineyard
Barwang is a pioneering vineyard in the cool climate Hilltops region, approximately 380km (4 hour drive) south-west of Sydney.
Barwang vineyard has 100.7 hectares planted to red and white varietals. The Group entered into a long-term lease for the Barwang vineyard which commenced on 26 October 2016.
Offers are invited from prospective purchasers to purchase the business and assets of the Group as a going concern or separately, including recapitalisation or a sale of the business/assets via a Deed of Company Arrangement (DOCA).
Please contact Tim Altschwager or Nick Dean of Colliers International to execute a Non-Disclosure Deed Poll in order to receive the IM and access to the data room.
A Non Binding Indicative Offer (NBIO) form should be submitted to Tim Altschwager (Tim.Altschwager@colliers.com) by 4:00pm (AEDT), Tuesday, 31 March 2020.
Property ID: 503471018Last Updated: 21 Feb 2020