Lot 6 & 7 Webb Road,
Majors Creek, QLD 4816
Key property information
LARGE-SCALE NORTH QUEENSLAND AQUACULTURE
- 79.25Ha* licensed freshwater fish farm
- Potential expansion to 500 ponds
- Unlimited bore water plus 500ML* licence
The facility was established in 1995 and has been producing quality Redclaw Crayfish for over twenty years. The farm was designed with the assistance of the Queensland Department of Primary Industries in accordance with best practice principles and is a closed recirculating system that uses low energy farming methods.
Ausgold Aquaculture implements flow trap harvesting which utilises the Redclaw’s natural instinct to move towards a flow of water and is a highly controllable method of harvesting.
Key investment highlights include:
• Currently, 30 ponds spanning 3* hectares with development approval granted for 80 ponds across 8* hectares and further growth opportunities presented by the potential expansion to 500 ponds across 50* hectares.
• The facility’s licence has been granted in perpetuity to produce species including Australian Bass, Barcoo Grunter, Barramundi, Eel Tail Catfish, Freshwater Shrimp, Golden Perch, Gulf Saratoga, Murray Cod, Sleepy Cod, Southern Saratoga and Yabby.
• Northern Australia’s climate and proximity to Asia are key factors in federal government plans to establish an export-focused food bowl.
• An unlimited supply of bore water, overland flow of 500* megalitres and a highly sought after 500* megalitre licence for the nearby Majors Creek.
• Further sustainability is achieved through the use of effluent waters on surrounding hay paddocks, which in turn provide habitat and a supplementary feed source.
• Improvements at the site include a 300* square metre, four-bedroom Queenslander cottage, a four-bay shed for fish packing, workshop, carport and an additional shed that would suit a hatchery.
• With its location, cropping capabilities and water resources, the property would also lend itself to horticulture, hay-growing, spring water and tourism applications.
• Excellent electricity infrastructure and supply with all equipment and plant enabling an immediate start to operations.
FOR SALE BY EOI CLOSING THURSDAY 28 OCTOBER 2021 AT 4:00PM (AEDT)
* Denotes approximately
Property ID: 503906850Last Updated: 15 Oct 2021