7C Range Road,
Whittingham, NSW 2330
Key property information
Map of 7C Range Road
‘Baroona’ – Luxury heritage estate on 100 acres
- Seven bedrooms, five bathrooms
- Located in the Hunter Valley
- Total land area of 40ha
- Majestically set on 100 acres of grazing country watered by 6 dams and town water, just south of the Hunter Valley town of Singleton and only 15 minutes drive from the Pokolbin Wine Region, Baroona is locally known as ‘The Castle’ and boasts an amazing 26 rooms in total. Access is easy from the highway along a striking jacaranda lined driveway, past the gatehouse to the main residence with convict built fencing, walls and gates from an era long ago. The deep and covered flagged sandstone verandah and carved double cedar front doors are the perfect entry into this classically appointed residence. Large formal lounge and dining rooms host working open fireplaces and an abundance of natural light, perfect for entertaining.
- Showcasing the fine detail of Victorian architecture and design with extra inclusions such as an amazing convict built wine cellar. Expansive accommodation includes 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, an observation tower, swimming pool, glasshouse, billiard room, gate house, carriage house and Victorian gothic stable block being the birthplace and final resting place to the famous race horse and winner of 2 Melbourne cups ‘Peter Pan’ 1928-1947.
- Outbuildings include the Horbury Hunt designed service wing in 1885 and the Edwardian stable block in 1886. A imposing tower and spiral staircase with card room and viewing terrace was included in 1893. A large and spacious equipment shed hosts an abundance of storage options with multiple general use outbuildings waiting to be refreshed and lots of possible uses.
- This is estate is now awaiting its next custodian and is perfect for either a impressive family residence or a commercial venture setting. Convenient access to Newcastle and its airport only 1 hour drive away and an easy drive to Sydney CBD along the new Hunter Expressway and M1 Motorway is only 2.5 hours.
- Framed by the iconic Brokenback Mountain Range and situated on the doorstep of Pokolbin which is famous for its award-winning wineries with many of Australia’s best known wine labels such as Tyrrell’s, Tulloch and McGuigan, Baroona offers a diverse and wide range of future opportunities. Baroona could provide the future owner the opportunity to feature corporate events, wedding venue and function centre and not to mention the opportunity to be a highly desirable and well established bed and breakfast.
Expressions of Interest closing Thursday 20 February 2020 at 4pm if not sold prior.
For more information please contact James Callinan from Colliers International Newcastle on 0438 722 705 or Deborah Cullen from Knight Frank Prestige on 0401 849 955.
Property ID: 503422830Last Updated: 21 Feb 2020