46 WATSON ROAD,
Burakin, WA 6467
Map of 46 WATSON ROAD
WestBeef Feedlot | Award winning beef feedlot in WA’s Wheatbelt region
- Approval for 7,500 cattle
- Over 1,000 hectares of land
- Proximity to meat processors and port
With a council approved capacity of 7,500 standard cattle units (SCU), the property’s current infrastructure supports around 5,000 SCU and is currently operating at capacity under a custom feeding model.
WestBeef has the advantage of access to abundant sources of grain and fodder from the local grain industry as well as the benefit of its own large area of cropping land surrounding the feedlot.
In Western Australia, many cattle from the pastoral region are transported to backgrounding properties in the south west of the state in preparation for live export or entry into feedlots for domestic processing. Cattle are sometimes required to be spelled during transportation and WestBeef can be utilised as a quarantine and spelling facility, two important service offerings that provide the potential for additional revenue streams.
WA has several ports that are suitable for exporting both live cattle and containers of chilled and frozen beef. Fremantle is the state’s largest port and handles the majority of processed beef exports and a large proportion of live cattle shipments.
Important features of WestBeef feedlot include:
• Total land area of 1,030 hectares (approx.)
• 900 hectares (approx.) suited to dryland cropping.
• Approval for 7,500 standard cattle units (SCU).
• 41 main pens of 1,000 sqm (approx.) each, a further 11 larger pens, induction yards, undercover work area and yards including race, pound, hydraulic crush and loading ramp.
• Additional infrastructure includes feed mill, extensive grain storage, commodities shed, hay sheds, offices, weighbridge, transportable accommodation, fertiliser shed, machinery shed, and storage shed.
• Multiple bores and access to the Goldfields and Agricultural Water Supply Scheme water.
• Proximity to the three largest beef processors with multiple export market accreditations.
• Access to overseas markets via the port of Fremantle, 260km to the south-west.
WestBeef is For Sale by Private Treaty.
For further information or to request an inspection of the property, please contact Colliers International’s Agribusiness Transactions team.
Anthony Fels: 0478 876 847
Greg O’Meara: 0434 659 842
Explore property virtually
If you'd like to inspect this property in person, please to arrange a private inspection.
Property ID: 503680146Last Updated: 24 Nov 2020