11-13 Pine Freezers Road,
Port Lincoln, SA 5606
Expressions of Interest by 4pm Thurs 12th March
Key property information
Map of 11-13 Pine Freezers Road
Substantial Commercial / Industrial Property
With a rich and proud history, Australian Bight Seafood operated in Port Lincoln from 1969 until now and became world renowned for its ability to handle, process and market a large range of seafood.
Originally named after the large expanse of water surrounding Port Lincoln and to the Western Australian border, the company developed the largest multi-specie seafood processing facility in South Australia.
Up until its recent closure, the company was involved in the seafood industry in a variety of ways.
* It was a contract processor of farmed Yellowtail Kingfish, farmed Abalone, farmed Southern Bluefin Tuna, Spencer Gulf King prawns and a range of locally caught seafood species
* A buyer and marketer of Southern Rock Lobster
* Operated a small factory retail outlet for fresh and frozen product to the general public
* Managed the marketing, handling and administration of the South Australian Prawn Co-operative
* Produced and sold flake ice to the seafood industry
* Provided contract cold storage
This operation closed on the 31st January 2020
The land area of the two properties totals 1.672 Hectares (16,720 square metres) which includes substantial infrastructure, plant & equipment.
There is a large processing area within the factory which provides adequate room for the establishment of multi-specie processing at any one time whilst ensuring adequate delineation of work space.
The facility has an extensive range of processing equipment and automated machinery to undertake all types of seafood processing.
Existing plant & equipment is available on a walk-in walk-out basis.
The processing factory is fully Government registered with the following accreditations:
AQIS Approved Arrangements for Export
AFMA Fish Receiver Permit
PIRSA Fish Processor
Given the size of this establishment, there is a number of other opportunities that lie within this property that would be worthwhile exploring. Some of which may include:
* Abattoir * Transport
* Land Development * Expanding an existing business
Office & Administration - 159m2
Amenities - canteen, toilets, showers and change rooms -210m2
Main Factory - 1130m2
Plant Room - 115m2
Cold Store - 380m2
Brick Building: Lobster & Storage - 2160m2 over two levels
Packaging Shed - 189m2
Chemical Sheds - 25.5m2
Blast Freezers - 200m2
Workshop/ Store - 320m2
Contact agent for more information or to request an Information Memorandum.
Property ID: 503458902Last Updated: 7 Mar 2020