1011 Pearn Rd,
Pithara, WA 6608
Price negotiable for quick sale
Key property information
Map of 1011 Pearn Rd
PITHARA TAVERN: Country pub for FREEHOLD sale!
The Pithara Tavern is a 102 year old iconic Aussie country pub in the heart of the Western Australian Wheatbelt. Located only 3 hours drive north of the Perth CBD, and just 10 minutes south of Dalwallinu along the Great Northern Highway, the tiny and friendly town of Pithara is far enough away to be in the real Aussie bush, and close enough to the city to easily enjoy the best of both worlds.
This is one of those rare opportunities to buy a completely freehold business property, meaning that you will own it outright and be able to do whatever you like with it. Most comparable properties are leasehold, so you never really "own" them, are stuck paying a yearly lease, and are limited as to how you can run the business. This one will be all yours. The classic old building on 6 acres lends itself to many purposes including continuing as a country pub, or transforming into a Bed and Breakfast, an imaginative tourist hostel, a communal living venture, or even a fabulous and quirky 9 bedroom, 5 bathroom home.
The Pithara Tavern recently celebrated its 100 year anniversary, and it was a wonderful party for the whole district, incorporating a reunion of many past publicans and their families. My children got to meet people who had also been "Pithara Pub Kids" over the years, and I feel very privileged that my family has joined the exclusive little club of Pithara Publicans.
Will you be next to become part of this wonderful history?
As with all vintage buildings, this old classic is an ongoing labour of love, with successive publicans all adding their own style with renovations over the last 100 years. Some parts of the building need ongoing attention by a handy-person, while most of the public areas have enjoyed modern refurbishing and diversification, most recently including:
- new carpets, air-con and televisions to the 8 guest rooms
- new verandahs and beer garden with rustic, railway sleeper tables
- large (10m x 7m) concrete floor double roller door lockup shed
- various other outbuildings and sheds
Currently leasing a large portion of the property to a Main Roads work camp, the Tavern is bringing in a better-than-usual income, affording the luxury of 1.5 full-time bar and housekeeping staff. However, the business is usually best financially suited to an owner-operator, be it an adventurous, entrepreneurial family, a motivated all-rounder couple looking for a tree-change and lifestyle business to run as a team of two, or a single person with an "Open All Hours" easy-going mindset. I've absolutely fallen in love with this place, and have run it single-handedly for much of my time here. But as a solo Mum with other business and study commitments, I'm now out of energy and highly motivated to sell as soon as possible to the right buyer.
In any business, it's usual to run at a loss in your first year due to all your setup costs. However, with the work camp currently right next door, you stand to make a very good turnover straight away, and you can keep all those first year profits for yourself instead of spending it all on staff like I do! You can happily enjoy a quick profit before the road workers move on, and then settle into the sort of working holiday lifestyle business you've always dreamed of.
I haven't listed a selling price for this property, but I'm the most honest negotiator you'll ever meet, and I am happy to be very open with you! Come and talk to me about what I've recently invested into this property and business, including:
- upgrading to larger commercial kitchen equipment
- equipping a fully functional bookstore and cafe
- new ceiling with ceiling rose highlights and sanded floor in the lounge bar
- installing a large generator (75kVA, big enough to easily power the whole property, putting us ahead of the game as power outages regularly affect the entire district)
- a large array of (38) solar panels
- approved zoning for a caravan park with 8 powered sites set up to go
- ... not to mention the steady income generated by the road work camp on the property which will definitely remain for the next 4 months, and will highly likely continue for at least another year, possibly two. This is a genuine, immediate money-making opportunity, so don't hesitate to make your inquiries before things speed up in the new year.
Also, why not check out our website at www.pitharatavern.com.au and our Facebook page to give you an idea of the great fun atmosphere and warm community you’ll be welcomed to in Pithara. Please feel free to contact me for more details, or drive up for a visit this weekend. If you're keen to take advantage of the work camp profits, act soon!
Looking forward to hearing from you :)
Phone enquiry code for this property: 9591
Property ID: 503060078Last Updated: 2 Jan 2020